Doug is known for his expertise in business tax issues for public and private companies.
His extensive knowledge of corporate and individual tax plays a central role in merger and acquisition transactions.
With constantly changing federal and state tax laws, Doug helps clients maximize corporate profits by minimizing tax burden. He also works extensively with start-up companies, assisting with the establishment of tax efficient structures to minimize income tax expense and maximize investor returns.
In addition to his private practice located in Newburyport, Doug is currently employed in an advisory capacity by a large (100 person) regional accounting firm in Tewksbury, Massachusetts as their chief technical tax partner. He has been in that role for over 11 years. Prior to that time, he worked for 2 large international accounting firms located in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Strategic planning and goal setting
- Business and strategic tax planning
- Partnership taxation
- Tax planning and compliance
- Start-up, growth stage and troubled companies
- Compensation alternatives and stock option planning
- Real estate
- Consolidation returns
- Mergers and acquisitions
- International tax
- Calculations of current and deferred tax provisions
- IRC Section 409A, deferred compensation compliance
- MSA – Master of Science in Accounting; Northeastern University
- MBA – Business Administration; Northeastern University
- BS – Civil Engineering; University of Michigan
- CPA – Certified Public Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants